5 Life Lessons | TSAONGAF

February 21, 2018

Hey guys,

I am completely obsessed with self help books. I think they are full of all sorts of snippets of knowledge and wisdom you won't find anywhere else. They have opened up my mind, and literally changed the way I view life. One of my best friends (who also suffers depression) was having a hard time the other day, and she was asking for my advice. Literally without thinking, it was like word vomit. It made me so happy that I had been able to help her, because I know I could have used someone like that when I was going through the same thing!





















I think there are so many things you can learn from self help books, but having only read two, I thought I would share my favourite lessons I have learnt on here. So far I have read The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck, and part of You're a Badass. This post focusses more on The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck, since I have not finished the other book yet!

1. The best Is Not The Secret To Happiness

How many of you think that having the best car,  house, clothes, phone, laptop etc. makes you happier? How about having the hottest girlfriend or boyfriend? The best job, or making lots of money? While it might all make you happy in the moment, it is not going to lead to any deep enrichment or fulfillment. These are all superficial, material things, and in the end believing that they are going to make you   happier, actually makes you more depressed. You end up wanting more, and more, just to fill the empty space inside of you. Learn to appreciate the little things life has to offer, that is the secret to happiness.

2. Less Really IS More

It is a known fact that people that have less than everyone else actually end up being happier. They are more grateful for what they DO have, while people who have & want, more and more are generally not as happy. Throw away the useless crap that clutters up your life, and be grateful for the small things you have. You will feel better off for it, I promise!



3. Negative Experiences Are A Good Thing

Life has a unique way of teaching us lessons, especially through mistakes and negative experiences. Through those negative experiences we learn who we are, what we value, and where we are going. Those negative experiences actually help guide us to bigger and better things. We should embrace them and accept that they are beneficial (even if it doesn't seem that way atm!). 


4. "Fitting In" is for the people that don't want to live

Everyone tries to fit in, and become a part of the crowd. We want nothing more than for people to accept us, and to become one of them. But what if you didn't? What if you embraced your awkwardness? Your clumsiness? Outspoken personality? YOU? There are over 7 billion people in this world, and you weren't made to be the second version of anyone else. Average is boring and depressing. Embrace yourself, and happiness will follow :)


5. We Are All Going To Die

There will one day be a day that not a single of the 7 billion of us currently alive, will be alive. Although it is depressing to think, it is true. Stop focussing on other people, and live your life for you. One day we will all be dead anyway, and it will no longer matter, so do whatever the f*ck you want.



"Why do you care that I am dead when you are so afraid to live?"


Hustle Hard Girl,



Follow Me On: 



You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I need to read this book, I keep hearing great things about it!

    Beauty & Colour | Vegan Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes you do!! It is amazing, one of my favs! xx

      Delete
  2. Been hearing about this book a lot! Loving the 5 lessons that you shared.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is so good! Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. This post is so inspiring! I will definitely pick that book up!

    Thank you for shaing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes definitely!! xx

      Delete
  4. Definitely going to have to give that book a try! xo

    samanthaalexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like a good self-help book too. They are the kind I can get through so quickly! I have been meaning read the Sarah Knight "You Do You" - love her whole series x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Ooh Ill have to have a look at those, they sound good! xx

      Delete
  6. Loved this post! The first point you made I totally agree with, materialistic things are nice but they do not lead to your personal happiness and I think making memories even if it's just a walk with family means so much more than things! Appreciating the little things is definitely the key to happiness. I'm defo going to purchase some of these self-help books they seem great! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Exactly, its my childhood memories I remember the most of, not the materialistic things I was given, and Im sure I will say the same about myself now when I am older. Self-help books are honestly one of my favourite kinds of books! xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!