The Best Musicals | Movies

May 05, 2018

I am absolutely obsessed with musicals, especially in the theatre, but Im not rich so movies are the next best thing! I can in no way, shape, or form sing to save my life, but that doesn't stop me learning every lyric to every song and belting it out in time with the movie. 

I can be very picky with movies, and I have a distinct style, so this is my list of the best musicals (movies) of all time! Let me know if you have seen them too, and which musicals (movies) are your favourites! 

Annie. I actually prefer the remake, more modernized version (I know shock, horror), and Cameron Diaz is absolutely amazing in it! Not going to lie, Im pretty sure Cameron Diaz is in all my favourite movies ;) But the music in this is like none other, and the whole storyline is wonderful! I love all the songs, and just want to sing along with them all! I would seriously love to see the live action version of Annie at the theatre one day!

Matilda. Oh my freaking goodness, Matilda has always been one of my favourite stories! I read the book as a child before I saw the movie or theatre performance, and was totally obsessed with it. I have seen it in theatre at least 3 or 4 times, both in London and Toronto, and every time it just gets better and better! Matilda will always have a special place in my heart, and not going to lie I kind of wish I could be in the live action performance so that I can stand on desks and belt out all the lyrics! Honestly if you have not seen Matilda I don't know who you are. WATCH IT RIGHT NOW. 

Mamma Mia. An absolute CLASSIC. As a child I was obsessed with watching Mamma Mia on repeat. Not kidding, I would literally watch it once, it would finish, and I would press play again without even taking a 5 second break. Mamma Mia has some of THE best songs, and I actually do know every lyric to every song! Amanda Seyfreid is also one of my favourite actresses/singers because of this movie, and I swear you will fall in love with her character too!! It is such an easy watch, and you don't necessarily have to pay attention to the tv to love it! Plus it was filmed in Greece so it has some of the best, prettiest, most aesthetic, scenes! I have seen the stage performance of this one too, though I was not that amazed, the movie was definitely better which is not something I say everyday! 

Finally, the one you have all been waiting for... THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. This one literally blew everyone away when it came out, and for good reasons! The songs are some of the absolute best songs to exist, I know every lyric to every song, and play the album on repeat! My favourite songs are; Tightrope, and Million Dreams. I know a strange two to pick, but really they are just my favourite to sing, even though I cannot sing ;) My dance teacher actually told me she only watched this at the end of April, and I was AMAZED. How could you have avoided watching it for so long?! I have been obsessed with it since January when it came out! The Greatest Showman really does have to be the best one, and if you too haven't seen in yet, what the F are you doing? Grab yourself a cuppa, a lyric sheet, and get watching! 

Well that rounds up my favourite musicals (movies)! There are so many out there, but these ones have to be the all time best that everyone needs to watch in my opinion! 

What are you favourite musicals (movies)? And which ones do I need to watch?

Hustle Hard Girl,



Follow Me On: 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!