Matte Spring Lipsticks

March 21, 2018




If there is anything I love to experiment with when it comes to makeup, its lipsticks. Don't get me wrong, I won't be wearing blue or black anytime soon, but I love the bright oranges, and dark berry colours. Since Spring is finally on its way, I thought it was only right to go through my all time favourite lip colours for this time of year!





M.A.C Velvetease Lip Pencil in Temper Tantrum - $19. 50

I think this has to be my absolute favourite! It is so different to any other colours I own, and the lipstick itself is amazing. The colour is a gorgeous orange with coral undertones, that just looks amazing with a tan (come on Spring, bring out the sun). The application is so easy and precise, as it comes in a pencil form, that you twist the end of (so no sharpening, hurray!). It is a beautiful matte, that is surprisingly not very drying & moisture sucking for a matte lipstick. I have a few of the MAC Velvetease lip pencils, and they are honestly my favourite lip product ever. HOWEVER. They have discontinued them, which honestly breaks my heart! Sometimes you can find them in outlet malls, or online, but it is impossible to find them in store anymore :(




M.A.C Matte Lipstick in Amplified Vegas Volt -$17. 50

This is possibly my favourite too! This is another gorgeous coral orange colour, and is a little more coral than the above lip pencil, as you can see in the image. The application on this one is just like your average lipstick, so I prefer the precision of the lip pencil above, while I prefer the colour of this one. If I could have the colour of this in the applicator above, I would have the perfect lipstick! I got this one in the M.A.C Look in a box, Sun Siren a few years ago, and it is still my favourite lipstick to this day! I generally wear this more in the Spring and Summer time, because I like to stick to 'season appropriate' lip colours (and it looks better with a tan in my opinion!).





NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul - $6. 50

I have talked about this one in multiple posts before, because it is such a perfect everyday colour, or like this post, Spring colour! It is such a gorgeous light pink, that freshens up your whole face, and makes you look so incredibly healthy. It is another matte, and a bit more drying than the previous two, but I still LOVE it! The only thing I would say is that the tube it comes in is rather small, so it does not last a terribly long time, but for the price it is not bad at all, and definitely worth your money! 


What is your favourite lip colour for Spring?

Hustle Hard Girl,




Follow Me On: 



Shop the post:





You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Love this colors so much!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE MARCH 2018 II

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are perfect for spring. I love this Mac lip crayon x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are!! Me too, one of my favourites! xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely shades ! Perfect for spring!

    Nina
    xox
    www.thecrispylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Thank you lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. I am so obsessed with these colours I have made a note to buy them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely most into the NYX soft pink, so funny they name that color Istanbul, no? It's really pretty and I don't get very adventurous with lipstick - natural pink or statement red! I wish I could pull off coral though, just never seems to look right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love it! They have a collection named after cities, another favourite is San Paulo! I also have Copenhagen! Ah I do love a good Coral! Pinks are gorgeous, definitely my most owned colour! xx

      Delete
  6. At the moment, I’m still going between my NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in American Woman and the Make Up For Ever Artist Matte Liquid in 105 which are both on the slightly cooler side of brown rose-pink but I have so many lipsticks, I don’t think it will be long till I move into something else!

    Ellyn x | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have always wanted to try both NARS and Makeup Forever! Haha, me too girl!! xx

      Delete
  7. These shades are so pretty! I live for reds and violets this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I have never tried a violet before! Definitely love a good red! xx

      Delete
  8. I love this post! Your photography is beautiful and the colours all look gorgeous! I love the look of Vegas Volt and I love the Nyx Soft Matte lipcreams already, so I definitely need to pick up that shade! Xx

    Andrea | Trxpical Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much gorgeous!! Vegas Volt has to be my favourite!! xx

      Delete
  9. These colors are a bit too light for my skin tone but I LOVEEE NYX soft lip cremes!! They fit the matte theme without feeling like clay lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely understand that!! But yes, the NYX Soft matte lip creams are the BEST! IKR?! Haha! xx

      Delete
  10. Beautiful color choices! I have not bought an orange shaded lipstick yet, but I really like that first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scared at first, but I actually really love it!! xx

      Delete
  11. I have a ridiculously sized lipstick collection but I don't actually have any of these colours! I've been after Vegas Volt for forever, perhaps now is the time for me to take the plunge! Also, i hear so many great things about the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams, I don't know why it's taking me so long to get them! x

    http://www.whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too girl!! OMG Vegas Volt is up there with my all time favourites! You definitely need to get it! How have you not tried the NYX Soft Matte Lip creams yet?! They're incredible, you definitely will not regret it! xx

      Delete
  12. I love the look of that MAC lipstick, such a pretty colour! I love bright, fuchsia pinks for spring. I bought one from Kiko (can't remember the shade name off the top of my head) but I have been waiting patiently for the warmer months so I can wear it!

    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I own too many lipsticks in such similar shades! Ooh sounds lovely though! I do the same, I always have to wait for season appropriate colours! Haha!! xx

      Delete
  13. Lovely spring colours! Not sure if they would suit me though. They look so pigmented, might treat myself to one in a different colour.

    Sabah || womanishaffairs.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable!! They aren't going to suit everyone! I definitely recommend the NYX soft matte lip creams!! xx

      Delete
  14. I love the NYX soft matte lip creams. The shade that you have chosen is gorgeous!

    xx Freja
    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovey! The NYX soft matte lip creams are AMAZING. xx

      Delete
  15. Ooooh I love these! Especially the NYX one, I'm more of a pink lipstick kinda girl but I have to say the other two look amazing as well. I might have to brave it and go for one of those instead! Great post :)
    Sarah X
    https://www.allthingspops.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I absolutely love NYX! I totally understand that! Vegas volt is more pinky ;) Thank you lovely!! xx

      Delete
  16. There's nothing I love more than a good spring lippie! Loving all of these colours :)

    xx, mel
    http://melinspired.com/lifes-big-little-problems/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing beats a nice lipstick. Love the ones you shared here.

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girly! Definitely agree :) xx

      Delete
  18. The MAC lip pencil looks lovely! Such a shame it's hard to track down :( but Vegas Volt is also really pretty

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Yes! I absolutely love Vegas Volt! xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!