Top 5 Anxiety Tips (Long Term)

January 17, 2018

If you have followed this blog for a while, you will know that I have Anxiety. It can be difficult to live with, but every now and again we have to kick its butt to show it whose in charge. Sure it can get the best of us every now and again, but as long as you get the last laugh all is good.

Although I'm only 17 I have had it my entire life, so over the years I have gotten pretty good at determining what is going to happen and what I need to do to help myself. These tips are for a longer term Anxiety "fix", rather than short term, so I would definitely recommend giving these a go to see a difference in your Anxiety in the long run.



1. Talk To Someone - I don't always mean a therapist, because its not for everyone (ie not for me!), but I have a few friends who also suffer (not as bad granted, but it still helps!). Talking to them makes it a lot easier to cope with because they are in the same boat and understand. I think it is really important to talk to people going through the same thing, because they can help, and may even have some tips for you and vice versa. 

2. Saje Diffuser - For Christmas I got a Saje diffuser, and it is literally a new found treasure. I am seriously obsessed with it. There are hundreds (well not literally, but there should be) of different oil blends, and I currently have three (definitely need to stock up). I have "stress relief", because I find this one the best for Anxiety. I also have "yoga", because I am a literal yoga addict, and "spa spirit", which is literally the best scent in the world. I just pop it on before bed, and it makes sleeping so much easier, and helps release tension and Anxiety. I would definitely recommend this one for a longer term fix.
Similar Diffusers - Essential Oils 

3. Exercise Daily - I am a lover of fitness, and staying healthy so this one is a no brainer for me. I just find working out to be a big help in taking a time out and helping to release the underlying Anxiety inside of me. Its like you are kicking its butt, and washing it out of your system. This is a longer term fix, rather than a quick fix. I would never work out while going through an "episode" (its complicated, very similar to an attack, but can last days), as I would be sick (one of the many joys of Anxiety). But for a longer term fix working out daily increases self worth, self esteem, and boosts your happy hormones :)

4. Maintain a Positive Attitude - Now this one I am still working on, but if you can get there it will work wonders. Sometimes I can maintain a positive attitude, but other times I spiral out of control, which is when Depression can seep in. We don't want that. Anxiety is bad enough, without adding the opposite emotion into the mix. By maintaining a positive outlook you are more likely to see the bright side to a situation, and be better able to handle your trigger, which brings me onto my final tip.

5. Learn Your Triggers - Now this one is the most important one. Again long term, but learning your triggers can help you to avoid them. By getting to know your mind and body you are more able to control those triggers, and help to understand why it is happening. Learning the triggers also makes it easier to control when it does happen.

Those are all my tips for a longer term help in Anxiety, and I personally find these to work wonders. I would definitely recommend giving these a go. Let me know your longer term Anxiety tips down below!





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. THANK YOU! These are super helpful, I’ve been trying/succeeding with them and I think I finally have some kind of control.
    Have a great day,
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy! I know you got this girl!! xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!