Learning Calligraphy

January 20, 2018

Hey!

As I said last week I have always wanted to learn Calligraphy, and I have decided that this year Im going to do it. I have never had the best handwriting, it's not that it's bad, it's just not as neat as I'd like. Ever since I started practicing Calligraphy my handwriting has been significantly better though!

These are the ones I have tried so far. They aren't great as I'm only just learning, but hopefully I will do some updated posts as I progress!









I don't have a proper kit, or book or anything. I simply use a black pen and sketchbook. I started a new Pinterest board with tons of inspiration, full of quotes, different fonts, and beautiful writing. I learn best by simply trying to replicate something, and copying it, hence why I have been copying those all over my sketchbook.

So far as I have been practicing, it has taken a good few minutes for each one. Mainly because I write it out very slowly in order to try and copy it perfectly, hence why it is a bit rough. As I progress hopefully I will be able to write it out quickly, and within seconds in order to get the perfect airbrushed look. Its like when you first start writing and you are drawing on top of the letter to get them perfect, and as you progress you no longer need to look at the letter you are writing in order to be able to write it. The same applies here. I am going really slowly at the moment, because I cannot remember how to write each word. It sounds a bit odd, a 17 year cannot remember how to write? Calligraphy is very different to normal cursive writing! I am so excited to keep on practicing, and get better though!

I have also been watercoloring the quotes, because I love the effect it gives, and looks so gorgeous. I really want to try and carry on throughout the rest of the year. I may invest in some proper equipment at some point too, but for now a black pen works fine! I start out by writing it out in a normal black pen, which you can see in the "You Belong Among The Wildflowers" quote, and then go over them in marker. I cannot decided which one looks better, the pen or marker... when it is combined with water colour I feel like marker looks better. Ah I just don't know! Let me know which one is your favourite!

Hustle Hard Girl,



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Looove this! I have always wanted to learn calligraphy! Such a fab post babe

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girly! Yesss its so beautiful! xx

      Delete
  2. ZOE! Oh my gosh I am so inspired! I used to love doing calligraphy too, I actually used to get hired by a floral company to write out different boards and windows for weddings and events but I haven't done my own in so long! After seeing this post I will definitely be starting up again!!

    I've always wanted to start water colour painting too!

    "Surround yourself with good people and black coffee" is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Wow! You'll have to teach me!! I never knew you use to do that, but that's amazing! I knew that would be your favourite quote! ;)

      Delete
  3. so cute! I took a calligraphy class recently and it was much harder than expected, but so fun!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh fun! I bet it was harder than expected, I would like to do a class myself one day! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow, you're just like me, 'cause I have always wanted to learn calligraphy too. I really love drawing so this was very helpful :) And I think that your calligraphy looks absolutelly great ♥

    https://ellecitychocolate.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much! Yes I love drawing! xx

      Delete
  5. Hello, I just discovered your blog! :)

    I'd love to learn calligraphy. We learned it AGES ago in school, but it was the more traditional kind which I never really got into. I love how contemporary it has become now!


    Sneha | lifewithsneha.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have learnt it in school! Yes it has evolved a lot, and clearly I'm a fan of it! xx

      Delete

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Study With Me!

Recent On Youtube:

Recent On Youtube:
Colourpop Haul, Unboxing & Review!

---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
TMI Tag!